Our Commitment To Your Privacy
SDS Group Pty Ltd ATF SDS Group Unit Trust (“SDS Group”) is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”) in the way that it handles personal information. This policy explains how SDS Group handles personal information relating to individuals, whether or not they are customers. This policy explains the kinds of information collected and held by SDS Group, how and why the information is collected and held, used and disclosed, how you may access information held about you to correct it, how you can complain about a breach of the APPs or a registered APP code (if any) and to notify you that your personal information is likely to be disclosed to an overseas recipient based in India which is a related entity of SDS Group.
In this policy the expressions “SDS Group” “us”, “we” or “our” means SDS Group Pty Ltd ATF SDS Group Unit Trust (ABN 66 025 760 594), any of their respective employees or any person contributing to this website.
The expression “personal information” is used in this policy to refer to information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Information Collection – Primary Purpose
We collect personal information to the extent that it is:
- Necessary for us to carry out our core business as the supplier of IT and computer systems and business consultancy services;
- Incidental to the carrying out of our core business;
- Customer personal information used in accordance with client contracts; or
Personal information will generally only be collected for the purpose of enabling us to liaise with individuals who are, or who are associated with, customers, potential customers, contractors or sub-contractors or for assessing your job application and/or suitability for other opportunities and contract assignments which we think may be of interest.
The types of personal information which we may collect and hold in these circumstances include, without limitation, an individual’s name, address, phone number, email address and other contact details.
We may collect personal information from you in a variety of ways including, without limitation, on forms, questionnaires and surveys, by our website (including cookie collection), over the telephone, or person to person. Such information is stored in secure electronic files on SDS Group internal systems or client systems.
We take care to collect and record accurate, up to date and complete personal information. When personal information is no longer needed by SDS Group and is not contained in a Commonwealth record and SDS Group is not otherwise required by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order to retain the information, SDS Group shall take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify the information.
Information Use and Disclosure
We will not use or disclose personal information that we collect for any purpose other than the primary purpose of collection unless:
- Such use is related to the primary purpose and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for that purpose;
- In the case of direct marketing not related to our activities – we have obtained your prior consent (unless it is not reasonably practicable to seek your consent and we otherwise comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act) and you have not since requested we cease direct marketing to you; or
- The use or disclosure is otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act
As a general rule, we do not engage in direct marketing activities. To the extent that we do engage in direct marketing in the future, however, you may at any time request us not to provide you with any further direct marketing communications by contacting us via the details set out below.
By using our website or disclosing your personal information to us, you will be deemed to consent to us using your personal information collected by our website for the following purposes:
- Notifying you about any changes to the information which currently exists on the website including but not limited to job opportunities;
- Providing services to clients;
- Notifying you in the future about new information relevant to our products and services; and
- Monitoring your use of our website.
In storing your information we may need to disclose your personal information to certain third parties including an overseas recipient based in India which is a related entity of SDS Group.
We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information which we hold from misuse or loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Opt-Out, Access, Correction, Complaints and Further Information
Please contact us on the details below if you:
- Wish to opt-out of consenting to direct marketing by SDS Group;
- Wish to have access to the personal information which we hold about you;
- Consider that the personal information which we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date;
- Wish to complain about a breach of the APPs or a registered APP code (if any); or
- Require further information on our personal information handling practices.
We will provide you with access to your personal information held by us, unless we are permitted under the Privacy Act to refuse to provide you with such access. We will also aim to respond to any complaints made by you within a reasonable period of time. Please note that, to the extent that it is practicable to do so, you do not have to identify yourself or may use a pseudonym when dealing with us in relation to a particular privacy matter.
SDS Group Pty Ltd
Level 4, 580 Hay Street
Perth WA 6000
Tel: +61 8 6142 6400
Fax: +61 8 6313 0602